Touring with Coates
Coates Wildlife Tours visits some of the finest nature and wildlife destinations in Australia and beyond. Our relaxed itineraries explore the must-see highlights as well as the remote areas away from the tourist crowds.
Our dedicated team of well-travelled naturalists and guides will enhance your experience as they share their knowledge and help you pursue your own passion for the natural world. It’s the quality, courtesy and personality of our leaders that have our guests returning again and again.
Travelling with a small group of like-minded people who share your love for the natural world will be its own reward. Our guests have commented that many touring companions have formed life-long friendships.
Meet Our Team
Sustainability and the Environment
Coates Wildlife Tours is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. As a company specialising in natural history, wildlife and flora, Coates understands the importance of protecting and preserving wild species for the benefit of ecosystem function, biodiversity and tourism.
Coates Wildlife Tours considers it part of their role as a nature-based company to educate and promote conservation and sustainable tourism practices at every opportunity. Through their work, Coates hopes to support, educate and advocate for the environment by inspiring appreciation, fostering connection, and improving peoples understanding of the natural world.
When visiting wilderness destinations, Coates takes the utmost care to ensure their presence doesn’t disturb the natural environment. Coates always:
– Encourages and operates with respect for the environment.
– Aims to protect and preserve nature as a company.
– Purchases sustainable products and plastic replacements (where possible), such as recycled bin liners, compostable sandwich bags and biodegradable plates.
– Only takes small groups to minimise the impact on the environment.
– Supports and encourages the use of reusable items such as water bottles and coffee mugs.
– Buys and supports local businesses whenever possible.
– Sends a Naturalist, experts in natural history (the scientific study of animals and/or plants).
– Collaborates with and chooses local businesses and operators with similar values, including a personal approach, high quality customer service, and care for the environment.
– Tries to reduce waste, increase recycling, preserve water, save energy, use renewable energy and carbon offset as often as possible.
– Minimises disturbance to wildlife on tour.
– Donates equipment to charity such as sleeping bags.
– Acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands visited, and pays respects to Elders past and present.
– “Takes only photos, leaves only footprints.”